The assignment involves the compilation, review, validation and publication of the MSCD reported by countries, as well as TA delivery to countries on data reconciliation. In order to inform the “Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA)” known as “Feeding Africa” initiative, AfDB has developed a system for compiling the Minimum Set of agricultural Core Data (MSCD) produced by African countries, and monitoring the capacity of Regional Member Countries (RMCs) to produce such data, while assisting them to ensure that such data as well as their sources are reconciled, consistent and coherent.
The candidates shall have the following qualifications:
1. At least a Master’s degree in Statistics and/or economics, with a very good quantitative statistical and IT background;
2.A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the field of Agricultural Statistics at national and/or international levels;
3.Proven experience in data compilation, review and validation, as well as in data processing, and analysis;
4. Proven experience in database management;
5. Professional experience in agricultural statistics undertakings would be an advantage;
6. Ability to interpret and relate statistical data to socioeconomic developments;
7.Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Package, and reputable statistical software’s for data processing, analysis and management;
8. Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis;
9. Excellent knowledge of one of the two languages (English or French), and average knowledge of the other;
10.Excellent interpersonal skills in liaising with colleagues; and
11. Openness to sharing information and keeping people informed; strong communications skills, both oral and written, especially ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports and studies in a clear, concise style, and to make presentations.
Consultancy Services for MSCD compilation and Agricultural Data Reconciliation - ECST