The NREA (hereinafter referred to as “the Borrower”) has received (or applied for) a loan from the European Investment Bank – EIB, Agence Française de Développement (AFD), and/or KfW (hereinafter referred to as “the Financing Institutions”) – towards the cost of the Wind Farm Gulf of Suez 1 project. Thus, the financing of this contract is still subject to final negotiations. This International Invitation for Prequalification relates to the turnkey contract for the “Wind Farm Gulf of Suez 1”. The applicable procurement rules for this tender process follow Egyptian Law and the “Guidelines for Procurement of Goods, Works and Associated Services in Financial Cooperation with Partner Countries” of KfW.
This contract will include:
- Design, delivery, construction and commissioning of a wind farm with a minimum total capacity of 200 MW with a possible extension to 250 MW including spare parts and consumables for 3 years plus refilling at the end of this three years period.
- Design, delivery and construction of necessary infrastructure at the site such as roads, MV electrical cable network, SCADA) including 3 years warranty,
- Design and construction of service buildings
- Warranty and servicing of the wind farm including spare parts and consumables management for a three year period.
- Construction of a 300 MVA substation (22kV/220 kV or 34.5 kV/220 kV) including three year warranty: The interface will be the 220 kV gantries towards the transmission line to be constructed and commissioned by EETC.
This contract is expected to commence in the beginning of 2018 with a construction period of 32 months up to completion plus three year warranty and service period.
Details are defined in the Prequalification Document.
All firms are invited to participate in the tender. Interested Applicants may contact for further information:
A complete set of the Prequalification Documents will be sent to interested Applicant(s) on the submission of a written application to the NREA address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of five hundred (500) euros transferred to NREA’s account and providing a copy of the receipt of payment to NREA.
Arab African International Bank, Cairo
Swift Code: ARAIEGCXXXX,
A/C no. 6003364021
BEN Bank Name: Central Bank of Egypt
Swift Code: CBEGEGCXXXX
Beneficiary cust name: New & Renewable Energy Authority (NREA)
A/C (EUR): 4082176165
All applications for prequalification must be delivered in sealed envelopes bearing the mention “Prequalification for Wind Farm Gulf of Suez 1 “ not later than 12 p.m. (noontime) local time Cairo, May 29th, 2017 at the following address:
Original plus 4 copies and one soft copy:
Manager of Purchasing Department
New and Renewable Energy Authority (NREA)
Attention: General Manager of Purchase Department
Dr. Ibrahim Abou El Naga St., Abbas El-Akkad Extension
Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Tel: +202 2271 3174
Fax: +202 2271 7173
Copies (1 copy + one soft copy):
Dr.-Ing. Ernst-Juergen Niemann
Kapersburgstraße 5 B
Tel: + 49 6175 796422
Copies (only electronic version in a sealed envelope):
KfW – Bankengruppe
zHd. LAC 4 Fr. Iris Harder
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Tel: + 49 69 7431 3642
Applications for Prequalification will be opened immediately in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend. Late applications shall be rejected. For timely delivery receipt of the Original by NREA is relevant