RFx ID : 18455251
Tender Name : Sustainable Land Management and Climate Change Research Programme
Open Date : Friday, 10 March 2017 10:30 AM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)
Close Date : Friday, 21 April 2017 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+12:00)
Tender Type : Notice of Information (NOI)
Tender Coverage : Sole Agency [?]
21000000 - Farming and Fishing and Forestry and Wildlife Machinery and Accessories
Regions: New Zealand
Required Pre-qualifications : None
Contact : Janine Alfeld
Sustainable Land Management and Climat Change Research Programme.
The Sustainable Land Management and Climate Change (SLMACC) Research Programme helps the agriculture and forestry sectors with the challenges arising from climate change.
The research programme:
- enhances and supports adaptation to climate change
- reduces agricultural greenhouse gases
- encourages the establishment of forest sinks
- manages deforestation
- capitalises on new business opportunities arising from the world's response to climate change.
Types of research
The SLMACC Research Programme invests in targeted basic, applied and policy research, including:
- the impacts of climate change and adaptation to climate change
- mitigation of agricultural and forestry greenhouse gas emissions
- cross-cutting issues, including economic analysis, life-cycle analysis, farm, catchment and systems analysis and social impacts
- policy research to address targeted policy questions.
Who can apply for funding?
Organisations or persons with the ability to do research in their own right can apply for funding. Partnerships that apply for funding should be aware that 50% co-funding by industry is required.
While not a requirement to be successful in receiving funding, collaboration and co-funding arrangements on research applications between New Zealand-based organisations, and by New Zealand and international organisations are encouraged.
- may address knowledge gaps and urgent areas of research and policy research
- may involve the synthesis and expansion of existing knowledge
- may contribute directly to climate change policy development
- will contribute to a single priority topic that is defined for each round.
What people need to do?
All the information regarding the application for funding process including application documentation is available on MPIs website. They are located under Funding and Programmes- Sustainable Land Management and Climate Change Programme- 2016-17 funding round
Who to contact
If you have questions about the SLMACC Research Programme, email email@example.com.