RFx ID : 18457542
Tender Name : Offshore Fisheries Adviser - Republic of the Marshall Islands
Reference # : RMI-OFA
Open Date : Friday, 10 March 2017 3:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)
Close Date : Wednesday, 29 March 2017 5:00 PM (Pacific/Auckland UTC+13:00)
Tender Type : Registration of Interest (ROI)
Tender Coverage : Sole Agency [?]
70101500 - Fisheries operations
70101600 - Fisheries oversight
70101800 - Fisheries resources
80101600 - Project management
80161500 - Management support services
93121600 - International relations and cooperation
93141500 - Social development and services
93142100 - Regional development
93151500 - Public administration
Required Pre-qualifications : None
Contact : Rebecca Wilson
+64 4 917 9270
Offshore Fisheries Adviser - Republic of the Marshall Islands
* Two year part-time assignment (100 working days per annum)
* Working closely with the Marshall Islands Marine Resources Authority (MIMRA)
* New Zealand Government support programme
* May 2017 start date
The Offshore Fisheries Adviser will support and assist MIMRA to build capacity, improve systems, and help with institutional strengthening for sustainable fisheries management. New Zealand has agreed to support Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) in this endeavour, through the New Zealand Aid Programme. This assignment is intended to support MIMRA's priorities to improve livelihoods, food security and economic benefits from the sustainable fisheries and management of offshore fisheries. This assignment is a component of New Zealand's wider portfolio of Pacific fisheries investments.
The responsibilities for this Adviser will include (among other things):
* Provide technical and mentoring support for the roll out of RMI's Tuna Management and Development Plan.
* Provide technical support for the roll out of the PNA Longline Vessel Days Scheme (VDS) and facilitate the transition to a system of VDS tendering.
* Facilitate the roll out of the Fisheries Integrated Management System and E-monitoring.
* Provide technical input to the implementation of the NPOA-IUU, prepare a support inspection plan and assist in responding to issues raised by the European Union (EU).
* Provide advice to MIMRA officials attending bilateral meetings.
* Provide economic intelligence to the MIMRA team.
* Assess the requirements of MIMRA to implement effective Port State Measures and traceability systems and assist MIMRA to identify areas where specialist assistance is required.
This opportunity will appeal if you are interested in being part of a programme that directly contributes to the enhancement of economic development in the Marshall Islands (RMI).
For the full advertisement and a copy of the role description - please log into GETS to view the two PDF attachments to this notice.
Hudson Global Resources has been engaged to manage this procurement process. Please refer all correspondence, queries or requests for more information to:
Associate Director, Hudson, Wellington, New Zealand
Office: +64 4 917 9200
DDI: +64 4 917 9270
Cell: +64 21 429 154