Objective and activities of the Assignment
The Consultants’ primary responsibilities will be related to the ADOA assessment of Private Sector and Regional Public Operations as well as support for the ADOA research program. Tasks related to this responsibility are outlined below: As part of the selection and prioritization of the Bank’s Private Sector and Regional Operations: review project documents,prepare ADOA notes, participate in the internal peer review processes, and represent the ADOA team in country team meetings;
- Back-stop other ADOA officers in research activities, with ADOA related research as the primary area; Provide support for ADOA officers in their assessment function;
- Conduct background research as part of ADOA. This may include country, sector or company focused research to contribute to the independent assessment of projects;
- Contribute to the preparation of the ADOA Annual Report; operation manual and other reports as assigned by the Department's Management; Contribute in producing the Bank’s flagship publication on Housing Market Dynamics in Africa;
- Contribute in drafting the African Competitiveness Report; Undertake research and write publications in the Bank’s Working Papers Series, Policy Briefs, Journal, Articles and other publications;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Department’s Management.