SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Republic of Angola
Water Sector Institutional DevelopmentProjec t II (WSIDP II)
Project ID No. P151224
Contract Title: DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTIONOF NETWO RK AND HOME CONNECTION FOR PERI-URBAN AREAS IN HUAMBO
Reference No.: PO3W3/HUAMBO/DNA/1 6
The Government of the Republic of Angola hasreceived financing from the Worl d Bank toward the cost of the Water Sector Institutional Development Project II (WSIDP II), and itintends to apply part of the proc eeds toward payments under the contract PO 3W3/HUAMBO/DNA/16 for theDESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF NETWORK AND HOME CONNECTION FOR PERI-URBAN AREAS INHUAMBO.
The Financial and Contract Man agement Unit (FCMU) of the NationalWater Directorate (DNA) of the Ministry of Energy and Water (MINEA) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified biddersfor Design and Construction works, comprising the following:
- Upda te the preliminary design ofthe network of the urban and peri-urban areas of the City of HUAMBO;
- Detailed Design a nd Construction of networkin the city of HUAMBO – comprising the detailed design and construction of 200 kilometers</ strong> of secondary andtertiary network and 20, 000 household connections.
The construction works ofnetwork will include excavation and back filling, pipes and all accessories, chambers, home connections, testi ng andcommissioning.
Qualifications requirements include:
Technical Experience Requirements
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that he meets the following experiencerequirement(s):
- Experience under construction contracts in the role of prime contractor, JVmember, sub-contractor, or management contractor for at least the last ten (10) years, starting 1st Januaryy 200 membe;
- A minimum number of similar contracts (the similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, me , technology or other characteristics as described in Section VI. Employer’s Requirements, includingconstruction of networks and household connections in peri-urban areas in developing countries.) specified below that have beensatisfactorily and substantia lly completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractorbetween 1st January 2006 and appl ication submission deadline:: (i) two (2) contracts, each of minimum value US$ 18.4million or (ii) one (1) c ontract, of minimum value US$ 36.8 million
- For the above andany other contracts completed and under imp lementation as prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractoror sub-contractor on or after the first day of the cale ndar year during the period stipulated in para. B. above, a minimumconstruction experience in the following key activities successf ully completed: Design and construction of water distributionnetworks totalizing 60 km.
- Submission of audited balance sheets or, if not required by the laws of theBidder’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Employer, for the last five (5) years shall be submitted and must demonstrate the current soundness of the Bidder’s financial position and indicate its prospectivelong-term profitability.
- Minimum average annual construction turnover of US$ 18.4 million, calculated ass total long-tecertified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last five years, divided b ng>five (5) years;
- The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real ass ets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficientto meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as USD$ 3.1 million for the subject contract(s) net ofthe Bidders other commitme nts.
A margin of preference shall notapply.
B idding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) proceduresspecified in the World Bank's Gui delines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, January 2011, revisedJuly 2014, (“Procurement Guidelines&rdqu o;), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines.In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1 .7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict ofinterest.
Interested eligi ble bidders may obtain further information from theFinancial and Contract Management Unit (FCMU) of the National Water Directorate (DNA) and inspect the Bidding Documents at theaddress given below from 09.00 am to 03.00 pm.
A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may bepurchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of anon-refundable fee of five hundred US Dollars ($500) or eighty three thousand three hundred and sixty Angolan Kwanzas (83, 360.00KZ). The method of payment will be by direct deposit or transfer to following WSIDP project ban kaccount:
ACCOUNT IN USD
Name of Bank: Banco Caixa Geral Totta de Angola
<<p>Nr of B style="widnk Account: 1773486.15.001
ACCOUNT IN KWANZAS
Name of Bank: Banco Caixa Geral Totta deAngola
Nr of Bank Account: 1773486.10.001
Bank address: Avenida 4 de Fevereiro, 99
Name of account Beneficiary: SECRETARIA DE ESTADO DAS ÁGUAS/FISC.OBRAS
Bids must be Angola
&nbdelivered to the address below on or before March 22, 2017 at 10:00 am.Electronic bidding will ate bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders'designated representatives and any one who choose to attend at the address below on March 22, 2017 at10:00 am.
All bids must be accompanied by a USD 345, 000.00 BidSecurity or the equivalent amount in local currency or a nother freely convertible currency.
The addressreferred to above is:
Ministry of Energy and Water (MINEA)
National Water Directorate(DNA)
Financial and Contract Management Unit (FCMU)
Attn: Mr. Lucrécio Costa
Rua 21 deJaneiro, Sector A, Quarteirão 2, Casa 12 (Ex-escritórios do COCAN)
Bairro Morro Bento, Luanda, Angola
Tel: +244 949386389